Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Getting to know you; getting to know all about you...

Oh boy, that tune will be in my head for days! In the event that someone would ever decide to look at this blog, I feel I should share a little about my young family & our simple, happy life. Last fall I lost my job in home furnishing & decor sales, which I adored, and with it 40% of our income. My beloved husband, Papa J, refused to let me pout & convinced me that it might just be a blessing.

The long hours & catty environment at "The Store" had put a great deal of pressure on me and subsequently our marriage. After only two years, we found ourselves in the dreaded place where so many marriages fall apart. We decided that, rather than allowing an additional problem to break us down, we would band together. We were both raised to be thrifty, practical people but had become lazy, relying mostly on conveniences like frequent dinners out, credit cards for frivolous purchases, etc. We knew we could better. We knew we could live better with less and be happy doing it. Is it easy? Heck no! Is it worth it, to see our bond renewed & our debt lowered? YOU BETCHA! Follow along with me as I share tips, tricks, ups & downs, joys, sorrows and new discoveries that come with living in a nifty, thrifty, happy home.

No comments:

Post a Comment